Custom Search

Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vegan Banana Oat-Nut Muffins

This is my own twist on vegan banana muffins.  I had an awesome recipe for banana muffins that I used to make all the time before becoming vegan, but now I think I've finally mastered the ultimate vegan banana muffin.  I made some with nuts and some without, and it good both ways.  My husband even loves them (they just came out of the oven and he already ate two) and he is usually skeptical of my cooking when I convert a recipe to vegan.  So, give these a try; they're really tasty.  (Feel free to cut the recipe in half.  This makes a least 24 big muffins-I usually freeze some and reheat them in the microwave or toaster later)

Ingredients:

6 mashed bananas
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (you can cut some of the sugar and replace it with molasses to make it healthier)
1tsp salt
2tsp baking soda
1-2 tablepoons cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
2 cups of flour
1 cup oats
Chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 and spray cooking spray in muffin tins (you can use papers if you want, just make sure to spray them with cooking spray).
Mash the bananas and add the oil and applesauce.
Add both types of sugar and mix well.
Add the salt, baking soda, and spices
Mix in the flour
Mix in the oats.
Mix in some of the nuts if you're using them (leave some to sprinkle on top)
Spoon the batter into muffin tins until they're 3/4 full
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until they look golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!






No comments:

Post a Comment