Custom Search

Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Zucchini Soup

This is so good!  Very healthy too.   Another variation that I might try in the future is to blend it to make a creamier soup, but I think it's probably better the way I made it this time.  So, here's what I did:

Ingredients:
3 medium zucchini cut into chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium diced onion (whatever's cheapest)
2 carrots cut into rounds
3 tablespoons of curry powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
1 quart of water (that's 4 cups)
Salt to taste

1.  Heat the water in the microwave and add the bouillon to make a vegetable stock.
2.  Heat the oil in a pot (med-high heat; about 6 or 7 on a scale of 1-10) and add in the spices, onion and carrot.  Stir it frequently and let it cook for about 5 minutes. 



3.  Stir in the zucchini and then pour in the vegetable stock (water with bouillon)

4.  Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat (about 4 on a scale of 1-10) and let cook for 45 minutes

This freezes really well. I froze several portions and I have taken it to lunch with me.  It's very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment