Custom Search

Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies


These are amazing! They have no sugar, no butter, no oil, no egg, and they're phenomenal! They've got about 35 calories per cookie, they taste great, and they're filling.  I'm totally in love with these right now.  I made them, ate a few, and then froze them so that I can grab a few out of the freezer and take them with me when I'm on the go.  You can microwave them, or just let them thaw on their own.  You've gotta try these for yourself. 

Ingredients:
2 cups of oats (or oat flour)
2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon (more if you love lots of cinnamon.  I used 2 heaping tsp)
3/4 teaspooon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla
4 bananas (the ones I used were pretty large. It's best to use really ripe bananas if possible)
Nuts (optional. I didn't use them because they're expensive and add calories, but I'm sure it would be delicious to add in walnuts or pecans)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350.

2. Grind the oats into oat powder (or just buy oat powder to begin with).  I got a Cuisinart gadget for Christmas that didn't look very fancy, but it ground up these oats into oat powder in a matter of several seconds.  It was pretty neat. 


3.  Add the baking soda and cinnamon to the ground oats.


Oat Flour, Cinnamon, Baking Soda

4.  Mash up the bananas and add the vanilla to the bananas.


Mashed bananas

5.  Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture.


Banana Oat Cookie Dough

6.  Put aluminum foil on a tray and spray with Pam (I always do this to cut down on clean-up)

7.  Use a teaspoon to drop cookie dough onto the tray. I can usually make 25-30 cookies from this recipe.


Unbaked cookies

8.  Bake for 10 minutes, or until they start to look golden.  The bottom of these cookies won't really burn, but they'll get tough if they're baked too long.  To keep them soft, try not to over-bake them. 

9.  Let them cool a little bit, then you can eat them, freeze them, or keep them in the fridge. 

This is a great healthy snack and would be a wonderful breakfast.  Let me know if you like them!

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment